The Allied Health Center of Excellence, through collaboration and cooperation, is dedicated to addressing Washington State's healthcare workforce needs of today and tomorrow through innovative programs for preparing qualified and competent health-care professionals and leaders for the future.
With regional and statewide leadership activities, the Center serves as a resource to all 34 community and technical colleges, K-12 schools, and business/industry partners, plus identified government entities to ensure a continuous pipeline of new healthcare professionals by:
- Creating and expanding career opportunities in the health care industry;
- Promoting collaboration and maximizing resources;
- Supporting and developing innovative allied health programs;
- Collecting, sharing and disseminating allied health information and best practices;
- Addressing skill-related training needs and upgrading skills within the existing workforce.